Sunday, March 02, 2014

March 2014 Play Log - Day 1 to 7

1 - Hmmm, well week's have started out like this before and gotten better - no gaming due to lack of sleep and desire for more sleep. Sometimes I think I like to go to bed early on nights when I know I don't have to get up early the next morning. Makes no sense, but I gotta go with what my body tells me.

2 - Plugging away at Ghostbusters. I found a couple sites that compile statistics of how long it takes to finish certain games. Very helpful stuff. Looks like I'm about 1/2 way through a 10-ish hour game. For me, that's doable, so I'm going to see it through to the end.

3 - Well, the week isn't getting much better. Was just too tired to do anything but watch a little Netflix on the 3DS (which I still think is pretty cool). I did have one unpleasant realization today, though. Episode 2 of season 2 of The Walking Dead is coming out tomorrow - and my save games for it and season 1 are on my old, defunct computer! Mind you, I still have the files since I copied the whole C drive over to one of the data drives and the saves are under the Users directory. But I don't think I want to play it on the laptop anyway and I would need to take out the drive to put in a SATA dock. Part of me didn't even register that I couldn't play it yet, forgetting that I'm between computers.

4 - A hiccup with Sony's download service sort of derailed my plans for the evening. I was going to try out the new (and thanks to Playstation+, free) Dead Nation game, but after waiting for a slow 2gb download, I got the annoying error stating that I didn't have a license for the game! Teaches me for trying to play a game released on PSN Tuesday. So I could play something, I jumped into some more Resogun. I'm enjoying it more than I originally did, mostly because I'm beginning to understand what to do - there's very little explanation of what any of the controls do. It's pretty as hell, but I don't know if it's anything more than a diversion for me. Too much like the old style arcade games. Good for some time killing and showing off impressive graphics, but not much else.

5 - Only got in about an hour of Ghostbusters, but I think I'm getting near the end. I'm still pretty impressed with the mechanics of the game, especially the Slime Gun. I don't know why covering a room with green slime is so much fun, but it is! I also found the Ghostbusters DVD artifact. That was a cool touch.

6 - For a number of reasons, this has not been a good week. All I felt like doing was watching the first 1/2 hour or so of Ghostbusters on Netflix on my 3DS. Small as the screen is, it still is a great movie to watch! It's nice to see that they kept the aspect ratio of widescreen - you miss a lot in that film if you watch the "full screen" version (yuck!). It was also fun to see some of the references that get used in the game since I forgot what some of them were (ie, the 12th floor of Sedgewick Hotel). It's been a loooong time since I saw it last.

7 - Turns out this was more movie night than game night with the arrival of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. Not bad for a "middle" movie. I liked it better than the first one,  but the ending practically screamed "To be continued". As for game related items, my new computer, Grimm, arrived and is waiting to be unboxed and used for much Steam gaming (I realized early on that trying to play PC games on Aragorn just isn't for me - a 32" screen can really spoil you!). I also am going to have to change two games on my 24 Games for 2014 list. Both Spec Ops: The Line and XCom: Enemy Unknown need to be removed because I remembered that I played demos of both of them and these were all supposed to be games that I've never played before in any fashion. So, I'll probably replace them with Halo 2 and Batman: Arkham Asylum.

No comments: