Tuesday, May 09, 2006

E3 Inspired Blog - #2

After the latest news, I think I'll start writing their name $ony.

So, PS3 is going to be $600 (I don't even count the cheap one - it's the same bad idea that Microsoft had). That's twice the original price of the PS2 and a huge investment for a gamer. I balked at the thought of the 360 being $400. How long is it going to be before the PS3 drops down to something reasonable? 2 or 3 years? And how are they going to get enough of a customer base to justify games being made for it? (Not enough boxes in homes means not enough units of games sold in the stores.) And they wimped out on the controller. Motion sensitive but no rumble and it looks just like the old PS2/PS1 controller?

But there are suckers all over the place. I was at Gamestop today and three people (2 in the store and one on the phone) asked if they were taking pre-orders yet! More money than brains, I guess.

No comments: