Monday, February 19, 2007

2K7 Game-a-Week Week #7: Ooops...

Well, with time schedules being what they are, this was bound to happen. I wasn't able to play any of my selected game for last week. However, I am going to try again this week to get at least to the point I stopped playing Kingdom Hearts before. I'd really like to get into some of the better parts of this this game (ie, battles in various Disney cartoons). Looks like this franchise is going to continue for some time and I already own the first 3 titles. Time to see if they are worth it. I did get some more time in on Hotel Dusk and even got to a "Game Over" screen for picking a wrong question to ask. The only penalty was going back to before I asked the question.

I'm starting to work up a "hunting list" of games to get for the last gen consoles while I battle with myself about getting a current gen console, namely the 360. Connecting it up to the TV while the DVD is also connected is the biggest hurdle now - the TV only has one set of component inputs. I'm going to look into S-video for the DVD player to see if that will solve the problem.

In Vana'diel, we are all up to level 66 with our big boys - a paltry 9 levels below the cap. It's interesting to see the effect of time on an MMO like FFXI. At any given time, I'd say 1/3 of the players in the game are 75th level, the highest in the game. Almost nothing is happening for lowbies anymore. Does Square just start making it so 75 is the new low level by making harder expansions and monsters? Will they up the level cap, and if they do, will it be like in WoW where the cap was hit by most users in less than a month?

No comments: