Monday, November 12, 2007

2K7 Game-a-Week Week #45: The more they stay the same...

It's been 2 weeks since my last post, and, frankly, not much has changed. I'm still playing Halo, FFIII and Dungeon Runners. I think I got some time with a couple other games, but nothing to make note of (just sort of made sure the ones I bought worked ok). I'm staying on budget, for the most part - a welcome relief to the general flow, I'm sure. However, Black Friday will be here in less than 2 weeks. Will a 360 actually make it onto the credit cards? I saw a Mass Effect trailer the other night and it looks amazing, so I can't rule another console purchase out. Hard to believe that the 360 has been out for 2 years already.

One interesting note with FFIII: What facination do Japanese game designers have with credits? I was playing what could be considered the first chapter in the game last night and when I beat this Djinn, credits starting running on the screen! I couldn't imagine that the game was over already (and it wasn't, of course), so why did they put them in there like that? I saw something similar when I played the Hamtaro game. That game had 3 sets of credits depending on how far you played the game. Too wierd!

I've gotten back into gaming podcasts, but I'm not forgetting my collection of games for visions of "newer and better" experiences. I'm just using them as a means to stay up to date and because they are fun to listen to.

With the end of the year nearly upon us, I've been thinking about plans for next year's gaming. At this point, I'm thinking about dedicating each month of 2008 to a different Triple-A title. In other words, play games that any self-respecting gamer has already played. I'll have to work on a list and maybe even print up a calendar. Details to follow so watch this space.

No comments: