Monday, September 17, 2007

2K7 Game-a-Week Week# 37: Game Retreat #2

For the second time this year, my brother came to visit and it was a week long GameFest! We got him hooked on the Wii via Wii Sports and were even able to find one at a Circuit City that he could take back with him. Our game for the trip was Rayman's Raving Rabbids which actually only lasted about 3 or 4 days. The mini-games were very funny, but they reused some too much and others, that looked interesting, were just quick one offs. A very enjoyable game, but not one with much replayability and, I'm sorry to say, had a pretty lame ending. (Did the programmers just get tired at the end or did they run out of time?) We are planning on putting it up on eBay soon. Tiger Woods '07 for the Wii got quite a bit of play too, but I didn't do very well until I got some tips from my "golf pro" brother. We also got into some paper games like Lost Cities, Dungeon Quest (which I want to make a computer version of), and a cash-less version of Monopoly. Add in a fantastic Indian cuisine dinner and it was a great vacation!

No comments: